L-1 Visa "Intra-company Transfers"

Visas for intra-company transfers to the U.S.

This visa was especially designed for transfers within international companies. The intra-company category is a residence permit as well as a work permit for the U.S. and allows the transfer of employees to an office, subsidiary or branch in the U.S.

The L-1 visa category is available for all businesses ranging from multinational concerns to small and medium-sized enterprises and family-owned enterprises. Even a sole proprietor could, in theory, leave the position of executive in the home country office to a friend and transfer himself to the U.S. For smaller companies, it is, however, more difficult to get the L-1 application approved.

PLEASE NOTE: The L-1 application process is expensive and time-consuming. Therefore, it is advisable to check the E-1 and E-2 categories first.

Is a job offer from a U.S. company a requirement?

How does the employee qualify for the L-1 category?

What requirements does the company have to meet?

What is the difference between the L-1A and the L-1B Visa?

What if a new parent, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate is opened in the U.S. ?

Is there a cap on L visas?

How does the application process work?

If I am already in the U.S., can I still change to L-1 status?

How does the L-1 Blanket petition work?

For how long is the L-1 visa valid?

Can I change my status to another visa category?

What type of visa do accompanying family members get?

What services does The American Dream offer?